Rant & Rave

Just trying to balance out the good & evil in the world while looking out for the little guy!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Well so much for helping others...

Tens of thousand of dollars worth of designer wedding gowns were recently ordered to be destroyed. What a shame! When Priscilla of Boston recently went out of business, it still had many wedding dresses in their stock. The stores parent-company, David's Bridal, instructed Priscilla of Boston to destroy all remaining merchandise. The reason was to prevent the dresses from being copied. Employees used pink spray paint to completely ruin the dresses making them unsalvageable before they were then thrown into the trash. 

First off, let me state here that I do not know what this companies policy or protocol is regarding disposal of merchandise. I'm just mad as hell over the article that I read. I pride myself on having the ability to see both sides of the story (always said I shoulda been a judge lol.) However, in this case, it is pretty obvious to me that it was a disgrace to destroy all of these beautiful wedding gowns. It shows a blatant disregard for the economic struggles that many Americans are currently facing. The gowns could easily have been  donated to charity which would have been the proper thing to do (before they got caught.) 
A big thumbs down to Priscilla of Boston and David's Bridal!
http://shine.yahoo.com/fashion/closing-bridal-store-priscilla-boston-spray-paints-designer-173300210.html

No comments:

Post a Comment