Rant & Rave

Just trying to balance out the good & evil in the world while looking out for the little guy!

Friday, February 10, 2012

Hiking Barefoot

This teams picture should be featured on a motivational poster for dedication! The group is called the Old Mutual Barefoot Kilimanjaro Team and they recently completed the remarkable climb to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa (19,341 feet) barefoot. Yes, you read that right. Barefoot.
I guess they must have been sitting around the kitchen table one night talking about all of the awesome things that they had done;
       swimming with the dolphins...done
       sky diving...check
       running with the bulls...check
Hmm, what to do next? "I got it" yells one guy. "Let's go climb a mountain barefoot! It'll be epic!"

All joking aside, I was both impressed and amazed when I read this article. http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/32592/climbing+expedition+attains+summit+of+mt+kilimanjaro--barefooted/ The incredible challenge of the intense week-long climb to reach the mountains summit is daunting as it is, but then imagine doing this task without your hiking boots. Holy crap! Some days I can hardly drag my fat ass of the couch and these people are doing extreme hiking.
I tip my hat to you o' great barefoot hikers. When the team finally reached the peak, I wonder if they felt empowered by their amazing feat? (pun intended lol) 

No comments:

Post a Comment